Ultimately, downtime, even if sometimes necessary for maintenance, repair or crash reasons for example, needs to be reduced to the shortest period of time possible.
Those two levers has a direct impact on the total cost of ownership performance (TCO). Few key criteria are critical to manage when dealing with costs :
> Fuel consumption,
> Ensuring the quality and durability of the parts used
and their compliance with new regulations,
> Maintenance or repair time,
Better fuel consumption with Euro 6 compliant innovation
The highest cost when managing a fleet. Fuel consumption is obviously linked to the petrol prices and its fluctuations, but also to the driver and his ability to “Ecodrive”. Valeo develops smart technologies helping users tackle this major expense.
For instance the TH Damper Clutch Technology is able to increase dampening performance by 40%, while transmitting engine torque up to 3500 Nm. With a perfectly smooth torque transmission, this dampening performance allows an engine speed reduction by up to 200 RPM (rotation per minute), resulting up to 2%(2) fuel savings (650 € to 750 € per year per vehicle).
Smarter Valeo technologies for Euro 6 : Quality and durability
In order to anticipate the application of the Euro 6 standards, Valeo developed two major innovations leveraging its strong OE expertise:
- Valeo F830 clutch facing. Outstanding friction material. The superior quality of Valeo friction material transfers higher torque and avoids unnecessary gear shiftings. Valeo facings can transmit high engine torques up to 3500 Nm without judder. F830 facing, the Valeo friction material approved by O.E. manufacturers, is the best-in-class solution to solve judder problems on Euro 6 robotized gearboxes. The result of this renown and unparalleled quality: among the 65 million friction materials produced each year 71% (only) is used for Valeo products.
- Clutch Cover Assembly with Valeo Self Adjusting Technology (S.A.T.). Outperformance through time. Valeo developed this innovation for robotized gearboxes. SAT role is to compensate the friction material wear between the cover assembly and the driven plate and also to limit the release bearing effort. Its benefits is to optimize clutch functioning during its complete life time.
Quicker maintenance and repair time with Valeo
Valeo is struggling to find all possible solutions to help reduce downtime to support fleet managers and mechanics in their day to day business.
The new Valeo Service fitting videos for trucks are conceived from this very idea subtly mixing clever shooting techniques and pedagogy.
In few minutes, Valeo Service best in class walkthrough videos guide step by step the users to make sure these time consuming tasks are perfectly achieved right from the start. Valeo developed recently 2 fitting guides for clutches and brake pads.
Another facilitating solution is the Valeo OptiPACKTM brake pads offer, the Best value for money(3). Valeo OptiPACKTM stands for the “all in one” brake pads offer that features a comprehensive set of accessories, all in the same box. From the wear indicators to the pad retainers (depending on version), Valeo OptiPACKTM guarantees full efficiency while servicing and considerable time saving. In addition, the pad friction material used has been specially thought for delivering the perfect quality and price balance to deliver the best possible durability and performance to optimize the TCO. The range was elected “best value for money(3)” from european customers in 2018.
Last but not least Valeo displays a comprehensive set of services delivering the most suitable support.
- 2 Year unlimited mileage warranty scheme(4)
- Improved visibility and readability on Tecdoc®
- Tech’Care, the Valeo Technical support program featuring amongst other services, Valeo Tech @ssist, the web platform giving free access to all Valeo technical information in just two clicks
- Valeo fitting videos on Youtube
How to fit a Truck Clutch Pull Type with Valeo
How to fit a Brake Pad Heavy Duty with Valeo, Trust the Braking Systems Specialist
- Find out more on valeoservice.com
We Care 4 You, Trust The Specialist
(2) Valeo fuel consumption estimations for illustrative purposes will vary based on various factors such as vehicle application and usage.
(3) European customers perception survey conducted by MV2 Group / April 2018
Marketing survey conducted by MV2 group survey in April 2018 for Valeo Service SAS, 70 rue Pleyel, 93200 Saint-Denis, France, of seventy distributors located in France, Italy, Belgium, Spain, Poland, Croatia, Bosnia, Hungary, Serbia and Romania
(4) Accessible to European Union 28 Countries added by Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia, Albania and Kosovo. Extension is eligible to Ukraine and Moldova.