The all-in-one system contains an electric motor, inverter (the brain of the system) and transmission developed as part of the collaboration with Dana. Vehicles equipped with the technology can reach speeds of 45 to 100 km/h (depending on the automaker) and enjoy a range of 100 km without emitting any CO2. This affordable solution is easy to fit and is especially suited for urban and suburban use. The Valeo 48V eAccess is already on the market, featuring in the Citroën AMI.
As a pioneer and world number one in vehicle electrification, Valeo offers a unique portfolio of technologies spanning the entire range of segments and applications. Valeo’s electrification strategy covers all motors (from low- to high-voltage through its joint venture with Siemens), power electronics, software, onboard chargers, thermal management systems, and now also energy systems, with its new range of charging stations.
Its technologies are manufactured on a large scale, helping keep costs down. As they are highly modular, they can be adapted to the wide-ranging needs of vehicle manufacturers. Starting from a common base, Valeo’s solutions can be used, for example, to create electrical systems for hybrid cars as well as all-electric motors for small urban vehicles, as is the case with the Valeo 48V eAccess.
This 2021 PACE Award-winning innovation aims to make mobility greener and, thanks to its affordability, more widely available. In 2020, technologies that reduce CO2 emissions accounted for 60% of Valeo’s original equipment sales.
* Premier Automotive suppliers’ Contribution to Excellence, awarded by Automotive News magazine.
Valeo’s PACE Award track record:
- 2020: Valeo XtraVue™ Trailer, an innovation that makes trailers “invisible”
- 2018: Two PACE Awards – one for Valeo SCALA®, the first series-produced LiDAR on the automotive market, and one for Valeo’s R-744 HVAC system, the world’s first such device to use a natural refrigerant
- 2016: Valeo eSupercharger, and water-cooled condenser
- 2015: EG high efficiency alternator
- 2014: back-over protection system
- 2013: water-charged air-cooled air intake module
- 2012: the Valeo AquaBlade®/VisioBlade® wiper system
- 2008: the Valeo Park4U® park assist system
- 2007: multi-beam radar (MBR) blind spot detection system
- 2006: the Valeo StARS micro-hybrid system
- 2005: the Valeo LaneVue lane departure warning system