Car Brake fluid
Valeo DOT® Brake Fluid range: an adapted solution for all requirements
Each vehicle equipped with DOT® brake fluid has its own requirements: the selection of brake fluid must be in accordance to its engine power, electronic braking system, and even the type of road on which it is driven. Valeo DOT® Brake Fluid range provides you with the right offer for your needs.
The brake fluid is the core of the braking system. It ensures that the entire power generated by the brake pedal, brake booster and electronic braking system, such as ABS or ESP, is fully transmitted to each wheel. In contact with the heat generated by contact between the friction material and the wheel, a premium brake fluid has to resist high temperatures to avoid the “vapour lock” phenomenon. This reaction appears when the temperature inside the brake system is higher than the boiling point of the brake fluid, and causes a drop in the braking efficiency. This is why it is mandatory to regularly control and change the fluid in the brake system as soon as the boiling point is lower than 180°C. Thanks to its permanent focus on quality and innovation, Valeo delivers its knowledge as a premium supplier in automotive industry, with solutions dedicated to the aftermarket for each application.
The most suitable product is available for each need:
- Optimal resistance to boiling point, far exceeding the standards - Varied contents, adapted to all requirements
- Brand new packaging for optimized storage and quicker identification Valeo info Test the quality of Brake Fluid regularly with the Valeo Brake Fluid Tester and operate a complete bleed of the system approximately every two years.
When use it?
- DOT4: Studied for ABS & ESP system and vehicles equipped with clutch hydraulic system.
- DOT4+: Studied for ABS & ESP system and sport driving.
- DOT5.1: For performance vehicule. No silicon.
- LHM: For Citroën specific hydraulic systems.
- DOT3: For traditional vehicles without ABS system.
- For vehicles equipped with clutch hydraulic system.
- LHM PSA: conform to PSA Peugeot Citroën specifications B712710
How use it?
- The DOT 3,4 and 5.1 can be mixed together but aren't compatible with mineral hydraulic fluids. Always follow the car manufacturer instructions before replenishing or changing the brake fluid.
- LHM Mineral based fluid. Can be used in Citroën car hydraulic circuits with a common LHM reservoir.
- To be used to refill or top up the hydraulic circuit. Used as a braking, suspension and PAS fluid.
- Can only be mixed with fluid of the same type.
- Make sure that the circuit is bled.
- If mixed with DOT 3 / DOT4 / DOT 4+/ DOT 5.1 products, fully drain and flush the circuit before refilling.
- Keep only in its original packaging and hermetically sealed.
- Keep clean and in a dry place.
- Any contact with dust, water, mineral-oil product or other material can cause inefficient operation of the hydraulic system.
- Do not re-use the bottle.