Condensers transfer heat
A condenser is a heat exchanger in the air conditioning loop located at the front of the vehicle. The condenser cools refrigerant that has been heated by the compressor, transferring this heat to the ambient air passing through it.
Original equipment expertise
Valeo’s Original Equipment (O.E.) expertise is present in its range of 460 part numbers, which covers 85% of European passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
The benefits of Valeo’s O.E. expertise include:
- Optimized condenser design - tailored to vehicle requirements and space allowance.
- Well-designed micro-port condenser tubes - to provide efficient heat transfer performance.
- Enhanced corrosion resistance - SWAAT* tested under tough climate conditions, to suit high humidity areas. The entire Valeo condenser range is aluminium brazed.
- Leakage, durability and vibration tested - for noise reduction and optimized passenger comfort.
The receiver drier can also be directly integrated to preserve the overall structure and decrease the level of vibration.
The condenser must be replaced following a crash, breakdown or leak. The lines should be plugged or capped immediately after disconnection to avoid moisture and dust contamination.
Valeo also recommends replacing the receiver drier cylinder, the joints, changing the oil (including rinsing the circuit using a flushing kit), and injecting a tracer for leak detection.
* SWAAT: Sea Water Acidified Test