What does a water pump do?
The water pump is a centrifugal pump that forces coolant flow and maintains the engine’s temperature below the overheating threshold. The water pump is located in front of the engine and is driven by the timing belt or accessory belt.
Valeo: a wide range of water pumps
Valeo’s water pump range covers 86% of the European car market with more than 550 multi-application part numbers. As an Original Equipment (O.E.) specialist in engine cooling systems, Valeo water pumps fulfil all O.E. specifications. All gaskets and hardware are included, for quick and easy installation.
Features of Valeo water pumps:
- All components are carefully selected to meet international quality standards
- Product designed according to O.E. guidelines: the turbine is engineered for maximum coolant flow and the pulley designed to prevent noise and excessive wear of the timing belt.
- High-quality specific bearing grease to reduce noise and allow better resistance to extreme thermal operating conditions
- Controlled aluminium alloy and casting process to avoid coolant pitting and material porosity
- Vapour hole to evacuate excess pressure
- All gaskets are high-quality compounds with accurate dimensions and excellent finishing for a perfect seal between the water pump and the engine interface
You must replace the water pump when it is damaged and possibly when operating a preventative servicing, or when changing the timing belt.