Water Temperature Sensors
Water temperature sensors
Valeo water temperature sensor range: Protect your engine and heat exchangers in extreme temperature conditions
The Temperature sensor measures the coolant temperature & sends information to the ECU.
Choose Valeo water temperature sensors for: - The know-how of a worldwide key player. - A 48 parts numbers range - An expert on Cooling Systems, Valeo offers a complete cooling systems range with its thermostats, thermoswitches and water temperature sensors
The water temperature sensor enables the control unit to identify engine overheating or an unusual rise in temperature. Depending on the car manufacturers, it is usually installed next to the thermostat or inside it. There are two temperature sensors in some vehicles, one to send information from the engine system to the control unit and another from the control unit to the dashboard. The device follows the principle of dependence of potential difference in temperature. As the temperature of the engine changes, the potential difference output of the device also changes, and this can be measured by the engine's control unit.
Choose Valeo water temperature sensors:
- The know-how of a worldwide key player.
- A 48 parts numbers range
- An expert on Cooling Systems, Valeo offers a complete cooling systems selection with its thermostats, thermoswitches and water temperature sensors
Possible symptoms of a damaged Coolant Temperature Sensor
- If the vehicle’s fuel consumption rises,
- If the vehicle ejects black smoke,
- If your engine is overheating frequently.
- These are possible indicators that the coolant temperature sensor in the vehicle is defective and needs to be replaced.