Air Intake Throttles
What is an air intake throttle?
The air intake throttle is part of the air intake system in fuel injected engines. It controls the amount of air flowing into the engine and allows the injection system to send the correct amount of fuel for optimum performance.
Valeo: Original Equipment innovator
As an Original Equipment (O.E.) leader, Valeo is at the forefront of car air intake technology. Examples of Valeo innovations include:
- Integration of a fluid coolant heat exchanger into the air intake manifold, to minimise air pressure loss and reduce lag during acceleration.
- Accommodation of the throttle body and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve, with additional space and flexibility under the hood.
- Improved fuel economy, promoting engine downsizing without sacrificing performance.
- Technology that helps vehicle manufacturers meet emission regulations for both petrol and diesel engines.
Valeo’s expertise was recognised in 2013 when it won the Automotive News PACE (Premier Automotive Suppliers' Contribution to Excellence) Award for its Water Charged Air Cooled Air Intake Module featured on Volkswagen’s 4-cylinder 1.6 and 2.0 TDi engines.
Five reasons to choose Valeo
With its O.E. expertise, Valeo is the perfect choice for aftermarket air intake throttles. Benefits include:
- O.E. certified quality and extensive testing
- High performance materials and quality assembly
- Increased EGR flow
- Improved EFAP regeneration
- Reduced vibration